Irving, Texas – Oct. 4, 2013 – Judges have returned their ballots for The Expo Group Show Manager of the Year Awards, naming five women to the top of their field. Congratulations to the 2013 SMOTY winners:
• Tier I, 150 booths or less: Cheretta Clerkley, MBA, CASE, Director of Marketing and Corporate Relations for the American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
• Tier II, 151-300 booths: Shannon Burke, CMP, Director of Conference and Meetings, National Association for College Admission Counseling
• Tier III, 301-700 booths: Christy Jacobs, Vice President of Sales, International Association of Venue Managers
• Tier IV, 701-1,500 booths: Colette Fairchild, CEM, CMP, Trade Show Director, H.H. Backer & Associates
• Tier V, More than 1,500 booths: Patricia Whitaker, Exhibits Manager, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Created in 2000, the SMOTY awards program recognizes show organizers who are creating amazing experiences with their exhibition and in their marketplace community.
“The award winners continue to impress,” says Ray Pekowski, President and CEO of The Expo Group. “Our judges annually struggle to choose five from among the group of smart, talented professionals.”
Anyone responsible for the production of a trade or association show is eligible regardless of any affiliation with The Expo Group. Self-nominations are accepted as well as those from clients, colleagues and vendors.
Winners will be honored during the TSNN Awards in Reno, presented with the iconic SMOTY obelisk trophy and a donation for a charity of their choice.
Visit http://theexpogroup.com/e/AboutUs/SMOTY.aspx to meet previous award winners and learn more about the program.
About The Expo Group The Expo Group is the Single Source® general contractor providing fascinating experiences for exhibitions and events with a personal touch. The Dallas-based company also has offices in Atlanta, Las Vegas, Chicago, Austin/San Antonio and Washington D.C. Learn more at www.theexpogroup.com or contact Dana Freker Doody directly at 972-751-9644, firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @theexpogroup.