The Expo Group Show Manager of the Year Award Winners Announced
Irving, Texas – Oct. 15, 2015 – The Expo Group Show Manager of the Year Awards winners for 2015 emerged from a field of hard-working nominees committed to their craft. Created in 2000, the “SMOTY” Awards recognize show organizers who are creating amazing experiences with their exhibition and in their marketplace community.
Congratulations to the 2015 SMOTY winners:
- Tier I, 150 booths or less: Linda Trummel, Manager, Event Services, SmithBucklin
- Tier II, 151-300 booths: Wayneston Harbeson, VP of Operations and Event Services, National Association of Television Program Executives
- Tier III, 301-700 booths: Scott Craighead, CEM, VP of Exhibitions and Events, International Association of Exhibitions and Events
- Tier IV, 701-1,500 booths: Eric Z Horn, CMP, Associate Executive Director for Business Development and Show Director for North American Beauty Events LLC, Professional Beauty Association
- Tier V, More than 1,500 booths: Bill Lynch, Chief Operations Officer, Specialty Food Association
“The dedication, innovation and downright determination of the people in this business continually impresses me and the judging panel, as well,” says Ray Pekowski, President and CEO of The Expo Group. “We began this program to give back to the community by honoring unsung heroes, and I am proud the SMOTYs continue to honor people doing some amazing things with their show.”
Each SMOTY winner will receive the iconic SMOTY obelisk trophy and be honored with a donation made in their name to the charity or educational institution of their choice. All will take part in the TSNN Awards, Celebrating Success in our industry the weekend of Nov. 6-8.
The Expo Group also will make a donation in honor of ALL nominees to The Meetings Industry Fund, a newly formed entity designed to help industry professionals in times of financial crisis.
Anyone responsible for the production of an event with exhibition space is eligible for the awards, regardless of any affiliation with The Expo Group. Nominations are accepted year-round at www.theexpogroup.com.
Visit http://theexpogroup.com/e/AboutUs/SMOTY.aspx to meet previous award winners and learn more about the program.
About The Expo Group
The Expo Group is the Single Source® general contractor providing fascinating experiences for exhibitions and events with a personal touch. The Dallas-based company also has offices in Atlanta, Boston, Las Vegas, Chicago, Austin/San Antonio and Washington D.C. Learn more at www.theexpogroup.com or contact Dana Freker Doody directly at 972-751-9644, firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @theexpogroup.